My website for EDCI 337, and 338!

Blog Post 5: PLN in Education

• Explore the video provided and reflect on the themes of a PLN in a professional capacity.
    • A professional should always be learning, and exposing themselves to new viewpoints, and ways to experience the world. The worst thing that can happen to a professional is to stagnate in their views. Experiencing an “authentic voice” as Brad said, should be promoted as much as possible in one’s own learning. 
  • Consider which social media platforms are beneficial in education, and ask yourself how you would add social media teaching to an industry you’re interested in – expand your thoughts in your blog.
    • I believe that some of the most beneficial social media platforms for education are YouTube, Instagram, and TikTok. YouTube allows for long form media with visual and auditory Input, and personally I find channels like Mark Rober (an engineer) extremely engaging, as they make learning, “fun”, so to speak. I’ve attached one of Mark’s video’s below for your interest.
  • As well, Instagram and Tik-Tok are similar as they allow for it easily digestible tidbits on a subject. For me, I found that videos geared towards music producers were extremely helpful in my learning of Digital Audio Workspaces, this short-form media portrayed it extremely well.
  • When working with the vulnerable sector, how does social media fit into professionalism and regulations? 
    • Social media when working with the vulnerable sector is definitely something that should be used with caution. Speaking from my own experience in healthcare, where I worked in criminal health for the province of BC: ongoing internal affairs,  and especially inmate health data, had to be treated with the utmost sensitivity for ethical and legal reasons.

1. najlepszy sklep

Wow, fantastic blog layout! How long have you
    been blogging for? you made running a blog look easy.
    The full glance of your website is fantastic, let
    alone the content material! You can see similar here sklep internetowy